Re: assert pg_class.relnatts is consistent

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: assert pg_class.relnatts is consistent
Date: 2020-02-15 20:25:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> So that leads me to the attached.
> (I agree with Alvaro's thought of shortening AddDefaultValues,
> but didn't do that here.)

Pushed both of those. I also did something with the stale comment
that Justin referred to in the initial message (it wasn't really
good practice to try to deal with both things in one thread).

I think we're done here, though maybe the difficulty of finding a clean
way to get genbki.pl to do this suggests that AddDefaultValues needs
to be redesigned. Not sure what that'd look like.