Is it possible to select index values ?

From: Jonathan Vanasco <postgres(at)2xlp(dot)com>
Subject: Is it possible to select index values ?
Date: 2016-02-01 23:29:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Is it possible to select index values ?

I haven't found any documentation that says "No", but I haven't found anything that says "Yes" either.

The reason - I have a few function indexes that are working as partial indexes. I'd like to run some analytics on them (to determine uniqueness of values, decide if i should change the function, etc). It would be easier if I could somehow access the index contents than re-create the index data into a temporary table.