Re: user-defined functions/triggers; cannot dump

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jason(at)powerpull(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: user-defined functions/triggers; cannot dump
Date: 2002-07-05 04:17:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

Jason Friedman <jason(at)powerpull(dot)net> writes:
> Second, why do I get this error when I dump:

> pg_dump -s dmatchingmoms pg_dump: query to obtain procedure name for
> trigger "trigger_update_bad_email_addres" did not return exactly one
> result

Are you sure you dropped the trigger as well as the underlying function?
Your trace indicates some indecision about how many s's there are in
"address", so I'm suspecting it's just a typing error --- you probably
dropped the function and not the trigger.

In case it's any comfort, 7.3 should have some interlocks that will
prevent this all-too-common mistake.