Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Invalid field size

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Moreno Andreo <moreno(dot)andreo(at)evolu-s(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Invalid field size
Date: 2017-07-04 17:28:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Moreno Andreo <moreno(dot)andreo(at)evolu-s(dot)it> writes:
> So the hint is to abandon manual COPY and let pg_dump do the hard work?

If it is a newline-conversion problem, compressed pg_dump archives would
be just as subject to corruption as your binary COPY file is. I'd say
the hint is to be more careful about how you do the cross-machine file
transfers. I suspect what is really happening is you're not always
doing that the same way, and that some of the methods allow a newline
conversion to happen to the file while others don't.