RE: PostgreSQL: YMMV?

From: Jan Ploski <jpljpl(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: Dave Cramer <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: PostgreSQL: YMMV?
Date: 2001-06-25 20:37:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 04:06:32PM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Jan,
>
> I'd be interested in your code. This could be a JDBC driver problem.
>

> Cheers,
> Dave

Ok, have a look at http://remotejava.dyndns.org/dbbench

The "total times" in seconds seem off, so just ignore these (the real
execution times in times.log are ok though; each test run takes about
half an hour here).

Also, I will be re-running the tests tonight. In the current code,
all readers finish before the writers do, I am going to change it
so that writers and readers are hitting the database during the whole run.

Thanks,
JPL