SerializableSnapshot removed from postgresql 8.4

From: Duarte Fonseca <dfonseca(at)identitynetworks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SerializableSnapshot removed from postgresql 8.4
Date: 2011-07-13 17:10:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi list,

I'm currently upgrading from Postgresql 8.1 to 8.4 one of the steps of the process for me involves compiling the replication toolkit we use against 8.4.

I've just run into a problem since this replication code references SerializableSnapshot which as been removed in 8.4, i was wondering what should our code use instead, I found a thread[1] in the hackers mailing list where GetActiveSnapshot() was recommended, i would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction on this.

The code in question goes something like:

if (SerializableSnapshot == NULL)
elog(ERROR, "SerializableSnapshot is NULL ");

// Return the minxid from the current snapshot
PG_RETURN_TRANSACTIONID(SerializableSnapshot->xmin);

Thanks,

[1] - http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-04/msg01556.php
--
Duarte Fonseca