Re: Performance issue after migration from 9.4 to 15

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Christian Schröder <Christian(dot)Schroeder(at)solvians(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance issue after migration from 9.4 to 15
Date: 2023-04-12 15:03:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On 4/11/23 07:41, Christian Schröder wrote:
> Hi all,
> Thanks for all your tips!
> I have meanwhile run "ANALYZE" on all tables. Either that was as important as everybody tells me 😉 or it is just a coincidence (e.g., fewer other queries on the database).

It is:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgupgrade.html

Statistics

Because optimizer statistics are not transferred by pg_upgrade, you will
be instructed to run a command to regenerate that information at the end
of the upgrade. You might need to set connection parameters to match
your new cluster.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com