Re: Exclusive Locks Taken on User Tables?

From: Marc <pgsql-general(at)mbreslow(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Exclusive Locks Taken on User Tables?
Date: 2007-11-06 20:53:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Ok. I'll keep looking at pg_locks.

My original reason for reaching out to the list was over confusion as to
when an EXCLUSIVE lock would be taken table level since the documentation
says this should never happen except to some system catalogs. Is there
something missing from the documentation? I feel like that would be a big
clue. Here is what I'm referencing:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/explicit-locking.html

Thanks for your help!
---Marc