importing tables

From: "svn" <svngo(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: pgsql-questions(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: importing tables
Date: 1999-11-09 04:18:19
Lists: pgsql-general

New to postgres....installed the newest version (v6.5.2) on a Linux (v.6.2)
box. Seems to work great. Just need to know how you can import file into
a database table. I can use the insert command, but it only does a record
at a time. Can someone give me some pointers on how I can import a
delimited file?

I have not been able to find any books on Postgres, just internet tutorials
& man pages. The only book I could find was on barnes and noble (amazon
had nothing), but the book won't be released until Feb of next yr, so I'm
out of luck.

thanks for your help.....