Testing query times

From: Christine Penner <christine(at)ingenioussoftware(dot)com>
To: Postgres-General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Testing query times
Date: 2009-12-03 21:55:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

The first time I use a query its much slower than the second, third
etc. I want to do some testing with the 1st (slower) time. The only
way I have found to reproduce that slow time is to restart my
computer which is a huge pain. Is there a better way to clear
whatever Postgres is holding to make them faster. I have tried
restarting the Postgres service but that doesn't help.

Christine Penner
Ingenious Software
250-352-9495
christine(at)ingenioussoftware(dot)com