Re: Error During PostGIS Build From Source on Linux

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error During PostGIS Build From Source on Linux
Date: 2017-04-12 23:10:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On 4/12/2017 10:14 AM, Osahon Oduware wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am working on a Linux OS (Centos 6.5). I built GDAL successfully
> from source as below:
>
> I sure need the raster support to be enabled in PostGIS. Could anyone
> help me out with this.

if you install those packages from the yum repository, doesn't postgis
include raster support?

assuming you want pg 9.5 (if another, replace the 95's below with the
version you want...)

# yum install
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.5/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-centos95-9.5-3.noarch.rpm
# yum install gdal{,-devel} postgresql95{,-server,-devel,-contrib}
postgis2_95{,-devel,-utils}