Re: kerberos/001_auth test fails on arm CPU darwin

From: Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: kerberos/001_auth test fails on arm CPU darwin
Date: 2022-09-27 15:35:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Thanks for the reviews!

On 9/27/2022 5:21 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Maybe we should rely on PATH, rather than hardcoding OS dependent locations?
> My suggestion to consult krb5-config first was meant to allow PATH
> to influence the results. However, if that doesn't work, it's important
> IMO to have a sane list of hardwired places to look in.

I updated my patch regarding these reviews.

The current logic is it will try to find all executables in that
order(if it finds all executables, it won't try remaining steps):

1 - 'krb5-config --prefix'

2 - hardcoded paths(I added arm and MacPorts paths for darwin)

3 - from PATH

Also, I tried to do some refactoring for adding another paths to search
in the future and being sure about all executables are found.

Ci run after fix is applied:
https://cirrus-ci.com/build/5758254918664192

Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-ci-Add-arm-CPU-for-darwin.patch text/plain 1.7 KB
v2-0002-fix-darwin-ARM-CPU-darwin-krb5-path-fix.patch text/plain 3.8 KB