Re: Fw: Re: Could Not Connect To Server

From: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Could Not Connect To Server
Date: 2020-04-23 21:36:19
Lists: pgsql-general

On 4/23/20 3:26 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 4/23/20 1:37 PM, Dummy Account wrote:
>>  From the Finder, I think that is the same a File Explorer on Widows.
>>   From Finder, it's locked; I cannot access it.  Could I use the
>> command line and change ownership or access privledges?  And then get
>> access?
>
> Why not from the command line use a text editor to view the file(s)?
>
>> Thanks

Does this work for you in a terminal?

sudo su - postgres
<your login password>
cd /Library/PostgreSQL
find . -name log

From your first post, that ought to find the "log" mentioned in the
output (and possible more than one if you have multiple installations).
As Peter pointed out that's a directory.  The logs will be in there.

cd <dir found from find command>
ls -ltr

Should show the most recent file last.  That's likely the file of interest.