EPOCH TIMESTAMP Conversion Problem

From: "Amitanand Chikorde" <amit99rs(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EPOCH TIMESTAMP Conversion Problem
Date: 2007-11-07 10:37:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

hi all,

I have a table 'myTable'.
There is an attribute in the table as,

Column | Type | Modifiers
-----------------+-----------------------------+-----------
mydate | timestamp without time zone | not null

I want to convert MAX(mydate) from myTable to Epoch.

SELECT EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM TIMESTAMP WITHOUT TIME ZONE '2007-11-01
17:42:01.81693') ::int4;

How the above query can be used to convert MAX(mydate) to EPoch value?
Is there any other query that I can use?
I think it is not worth to write a function/procedure to just replace
the value in a query?

Thanks in advance

--
Amitanand N. Chikorde.