Re: Valid until

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Rama Krishnan <raghuldrag(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Valid until
Date: 2024-05-14 15:27:02
Lists: pgsql-general

On 5/14/24 00:57, Rama Krishnan wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I have a question about the "valid until" parameter in the "create role"
> command.
>
> I recently set a user's password validity to "2024-05-13", but despite
> this, the user is still able to connect to the database. Is this a bug,
> or is the "valid until" parameter just for identification purposes,
> indicating when the password will expire?
>
> Could you please clarify this for me?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-createrole.html

"
VALID UNTIL 'timestamp'

The VALID UNTIL clause sets a date and time after which the role's
password is no longer valid. If this clause is omitted the password will
be valid for all time.
"

When did the user log in?

What is the TimeZone setting in the database?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com