Re: pgAdmin4-web install issues WAS: PgAdmin4 is not usable when installed from RPMs on Fedora linux

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Peter Juhasz <pjuhasz(at)uhusystems(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin4-web install issues WAS: PgAdmin4 is not usable when installed from RPMs on Fedora linux
Date: 2016-10-10 00:26:34
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 10/09/2016 04:36 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> I'll confirm here that the Web version doesn't work either from the
> Fedora packages. In the case of the web version, this appears to be
> because of confusion between Python2 and Python3 dependencies.

Leaving out the SQLite bug (see other thread), here's the issues with
the Fedora24 packages:

1. if the user intends to use pgadmin4-web with httpd, then the user
needs to install httpd and python3-mod_wsgi packages (or mod_wsgi on
CentOS and RHEL).

2. the packages need to create the directory /usr/share/httpd/.pgadmin,
and add the SELinux label so that apache can write to it:

chcon -R -t httpd_sys_rw_content_t /usr/share/httpd/.pgadmin

The latter is going to be hard to do if you want the pgadmin4 app to
continue to be independant of httpd (for example, to allow install with
nginx).

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)