Re: Migrating PostgreSQL database to MySQL/MS Access

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migrating PostgreSQL database to MySQL/MS Access
Date: 2006-08-13 08:46:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Merlin,

the .net 'way' of database application development is to keep all the
> logic in the .net middleware. please note that I am completely
> opposed to this because it obfuscates good data management practices.

are you serious and well informed about this? There is really again somebody
throwing away decades of experience, a theoretically proven data integrity
system just to reimplement the wheel in a shiny, unproven technology?

Do you know for what benefit that happens? I have seen similiar stupidity
with EJB, having RI within that layer. Why are people doing this? Do they
know something I miss, or did they just not vivist Databases 101 ?

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare