Re: Urgent: Segmentation Fault in PostgreSQL postmaster Process

From: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Veerendra Pulapa <veerendra(dot)pulapa(at)ashnik(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Achilleas Mantzios <a(dot)mantzios(at)cloud(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Urgent: Segmentation Fault in PostgreSQL postmaster Process
Date: 2024-06-19 08:08:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, 2024-06-19 at 13:32 +0530, Veerendra Pulapa wrote:
> How do we check code 13.3 and 13.4  nbtdedup.c:800?
>
> Regarding this issue can we get any relevant information? Where can we find bug information?

Huh? PostgreSQL is open source.

I told you it is commit fa675af59f, so you can look at

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=fa675af59f

It is also listed in the release notes of 13.4:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/release-13-4.html

- Harden B-tree posting list split code against corrupt data (Peter Geoghegan)

Throw an error, rather than crashing, for an attempt to insert an item with a
TID identical to an existing entry. While that shouldn't ever happen, it has
been reported to happen when the index is inconsistent with its table.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe