Re: Psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

From: robert <robert(at)redo2oo(dot)ch>
To: SAMMY CRISWELL <Sammy_R_Criswell(at)raytheon(dot)com>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Date: 2019-05-02 18:34:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

when you install PostgreSQL the installation copies all its binaries to
their respective places and tries to start the server afterwards.

This of course fails as the needed ports are already used by the running
old PostgreSQL server.

So you end up with a mixture of new and old.

No idea whether it will be enough to stop the running PostgreSQL and the
just restart the PostgreSQL service ..

robert

--
Robert Rottermann CEO

031 333 10 20
robert(at)redo2oo(dot)ch <mailto:robert(at)redo2oo(dot)ch>
Sickingerstrasse 3, 3014 Bern <http://maps.apple.com/?q=Sickingerstrasse
3,3014 Bern>

https://Redo2oo.ch <https://redo2oo.ch>

*Ihr Partner wenn es um ERP Lösungen geht.*