Re: psql \copy hanging

From: "Arnaud L(dot)" <arnaud(dot)listes(at)codata(dot)eu>
To: Jerry Sievers <gsievers19(at)comcast(dot)net>, "Arnaud L(dot)" <arnaud(dot)listes(at)codata(dot)eu>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql \copy hanging
Date: 2019-08-23 06:48:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Le 22/08/2019 à 20:00, Jerry Sievers a écrit :
> Is the overnight run being done as the same DB user you are testing
> with?
>
> If not, then perhaps the automated user deviates in resource settings
> and/or permissions, in turn resulting in sluggish performance caused by
> thrashing and/or inferior query plan.

Hi Jerry,
yes, they both run under the same user. I've checked my other scheduled
tasks and I don't see what could interfere, but then this is quite
complex so I could easily overlook something.
Unfortunately, tonight's run failed for a totally different reason...

Thanks for your help

Cheers
--
Arnaud