Re: pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL:

From: aws backup <albatin(dot)saltanat(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL:
Date: 2016-11-13 13:51:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

now I have another problem. Sorry I am an absolute beginner.
When I restore the dumpall backup with

"psql -f infile postgres"

I get lot of errors > "already exists" and the database is not restored to the point of the backup.
I mean after I made the backup I changed something and I expected that this change is undone after I restore the backup which did not happen. Looks for me like nothing was restored … ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Robert