RE: Object features of pg

From: Michael Ansley <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec-telecom-systems(dot)com>
To: "'Peter Mount'" <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: "'pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Object features of pg
Date: 2000-10-03 13:44:08
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, Peter,

I suspected as much of the querying, but I can't even get data into the
tables. I tried this:

insert into client values ('Michael');
insert into address values ('11 Windsor Close, 'RH16 4QR');
INSERT 18935 1
update client set address = 18935 where name = 'Michael';
ERROR: Attribute 'address' is of type 'address' but expression is of type
'int4
'
You will need to rewrite or cast the expression

So that didn't work, and I tried casting the oid, but that didn't seem to
work either. Any ideas?

Cheers...