logical replication protocol

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: logical replication protocol
Date: 2019-12-24 03:15:02
Lists: pgsql-general

I haven't been able to find documentation on the actual messages used in the logical replication protocol ('k' & 'w', lower case). I've figured things out mostly by reading pg_recvlogical.c, but "Read The Fine Source" doesn't seem in line with the way PG usually does it ;-)

Did I miss a doc somewhere in my searches???