What's the best practice of Postgres sharding?

From: Wang Xu <wangxu(at)gu360(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What's the best practice of Postgres sharding?
Date: 2020-09-25 02:57:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

We have one master/slave nodes running already, it works very well until now we need more business data to be stored.
But our running machine almost reached the read/write limit (1600 ops/s).

So what I am thinking is that I add more machines to store the new business data.But I don’t want to change my applications that query the data.
In short I want one single query entry, multiple machines to do data-persistence job.

What’s the best practice in this situation?

Thanks a lot,
James