Median Function in PostgreSQL

From: "Joseph Drasin" <jodrasin(at)informaxinc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Median Function in PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-08-27 13:21:57
Lists: pgsql-general

I've been working a few days on trying to develop a median function for PostgreSQL. I've looked at a few discussions and a couple of examples, but none seem to really give an answer that I've been able to get to work (the two examples I've tried either didn't work or worked unlike what I was expecting). I know the concept of how to build it, but I can't get my function to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Drasin
Sr. Database Administrator/Developer
jodrasin(at)informaxinc(dot)com
InforMax Inc.