Re: Performance degradation if query returns no rows and column expression is used after upgrading to 12

From: "Andrus" <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>
To: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance degradation if query returns no rows and column expression is used after upgrading to 12
Date: 2020-04-07 17:09:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!
>on your query there is too slow JIT. Is strange how much. So the best way is disable JIT probably

>set jit to off;
>or same field in postgresql.conf

Thank you.

set jit to off

makes select fast.
I have encountered this issue only in this query in one database

There is variation of this query running with diferent data in different database in same Debian 10 server. It works fast.
Should I disable jit only for this query or in postgresql.conf permanently?

Andrus.