[Pljava-dev] doubtful PL/Java's activity

From: hal(dot)hildebrand at me(dot)com (Hal Hildebrand)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] doubtful PL/Java's activity
Date: 2013-12-12 16:48:24
Lists: pljava-dev

I think you?re confusing things here. Yes, the PostgreSQL session is single threaded. But this is managed at the JDBC interface to the PostgreSQL session. So you simply do not have multiple threads doing unsafe things to the PostgreSQL session. It just doesn?t happen. You may, of course, have multiple Java threads in the JVM that resides in the PostgreSQL session. But any interaction with the session is serialized, so this isn?t a problem at all.