pg_restore errors

From: Scott Frankel <leknarf(at)pacbell(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_restore errors
Date: 2005-11-10 22:43:33
Lists: pgsql-general

After upgrading from postgres 7.x.x to 8.1.0, my database restore
produces the following error msgs. The database is quite pedestrian:
a dozen or so tables, couple of triggers, some comments, &c. Note
that even though I get the following errors, a '\dt+' returns the
comment strings. Are the errors ignorable? Should I be concerned?

Thanks again!
Scott

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 3; 0 2200 COMMENT
SCHEMA public postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: must be
owner of schema public
Command was: COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';
pg_restore: WARNING: no privileges could be revoked
pg_restore: WARNING: no privileges were granted
WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 1

MacOSX v10.4.2
PostgreSQL v8.1.0

The dump was created using the following cmd-line:

pg_dump -Ft -b -v dbname > dumpname.tar