Using PITR Backup and Recovery

From: "beer(at)cmu(dot)edu" <beer(at)cmu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using PITR Backup and Recovery
Date: 2007-08-14 14:52:47
Lists: pgsql-general

We recently moved to PITR backup and recovery solution as defined in the
documentation. Our basic setup executes the backup start command, and then
takes a snapshot of the filesystem and backups wal files. However, we have
database files ( not wal files ) that change while the system is in backup
mode. This happens during every backup. Is this normal?

Any insight appreciated.

-bill