reviving "custom" dump

From: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: reviving "custom" dump
Date: 2022-11-11 06:13:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Short version: Does a current version of postgres tolerate ascii dumps
from older versions?

I've been charged with reviving an old project.  I have a dump dated
July of 2021 which file tells me is a "PostgreSQL custom database dump
V1.13-0".  If our compute centre won't roll me a V12(?) postgres server,
I'll need to use an "office" machine to bring this dataset back to
life.  If I pull that off can I make an ascii dump and import that into
our main db server (V14) or will I have to also install V14 in the
office and dump/restore with that?