Re: Client SQL Tool

From: Jerry Levan <jerry(dot)levan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: bjoern(at)hillebrandar(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Client SQL Tool
Date: 2011-11-14 23:26:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On Nov 14, 2011, at 5:33 PM, pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:

> Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:01:16 +0100
> From: <bjoern(at)hillebrandar(dot)de>
> To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
> Subject: Client SQL Tool
>
> Hi all,
>
> Iâ•˙ve started a new codeplex project that could be interesting for you. Itâ•˙s a simple SQL client for postgreSQL databases.
> You can found it here : http://postgresqlclient.codeplex.com/
>
> Iâ•˙ve started with this project, because i want to improve my WPF skills and create something useful for the postgresql environment.
> So, take a look and give me feedback if you like.
>
> Thanks
> Björn

If you are looking for enhancement ideas, you might take a peek at
my website http://homepage.mac.com/levanj ( while it still exists ).

I have several postgresql clients that have a similar layout but most
are written in scripting languages ( wxpython, tcl/tk ) and one written
in Cocoa ( which may or may not still work ). They can typically do
stuff like import/export large objects or bytea objects, display pictures and support
libraries of sql code fragments.

Maybe you can find some good use for the algorithms in the code :)

It was fun writing my own tools… Have fun on you voyage :)

Jerry