Re: Postgres 12 backup in 32 bit windows client

From: "Andrus" <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Adrian Klaver" <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Postgres 12 backup in 32 bit windows client
Date: 2020-03-28 17:57:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

>What are you going to do with this backup?

If server disk crashes, it can used to restore data.

>Do you have shell access to the Debian machine in order to do the backup
>there?

I have but my application user in 32bit windows does not have.
I want to allow 32 bit windows user to make backup from 5432 port directly
to her computer C: drive.

If Postgres 12 32bit pg_dump is not available maybe it is possible to create
stored procedure which invokes pg_dump in server and returns .backup file as
bytea value to client:

select run('pg_dump mydatabase')

Andrus.

--