Re: medawiki plugin

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Jeremy Schneider <schneider(at)ardentperf(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: medawiki plugin
Date: 2024-05-26 15:17:35
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Jeremy!

On 5/26/24 02:31, Jeremy Schneider wrote:
> Out of curiosity, has anyone here heard of the Semantic-MediaWiki (SMW)
> plugin?
>
> https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Semantic_MediaWiki
>
> It lets you store and query data within the pages of a wiki. ISTM that
> it gives you the change tracking of a wiki alongside the flexible
> querying of a database. Might be some interesting use cases for
> something like this. Wondering if this is super obscure and unheard of,
> or if someone here knows anything about it?

no idea on that one - are you suggesting we should install that plugin
or is that more of a question on what people think of the concept behind
it? If it's the later, not sure -www is the right place to ask...

> -Jeremy Schneider
>

> PS... happened to check https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:Version
> to see what plugins are already installed. So I guess we have a DB major
> version upgrade to run some time this year? 🙂 Who plans and runs the
> upgrade, and is the discussion on this public www list, where I could
> follow along and learn a bit about how it's done?

System upgrades are usually done by the postgresql
sysadmin/infrastructure team [1] but due to the large amount of systems
and the way our infrastrcture is maintained we have we don't usually
discuss individual upgrades or changes like this ahead of time (other
than a downtime notice if needed).
In the specific case of wiki.postgresql.org we will likely not only
upgrade the database (which is likely rather trivial) but also the
underlying OS and the mediawiki version when the time comes.

Stefan

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Infrastructure_team