Re: 8.3beta bug or feature?

From: marcelo Cortez <jmdc_marcelo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.3beta bug or feature?
Date: 2008-01-10 19:19:54
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda pgsql-general

Alvaro

--- Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/release-8-3.html
> > > E.1.2.1. General
> >
> > Yes you are right, but my queries was generated
> for
> > one mapper ,explicit cast is not an option ( not
> > manual code here).
> > there any way simulate previous behavior?
> (automatic
> > conversion), create cast can help?
>
> The cast already exist; I think you could change its
> context (from
> "explicit" to "assignment" IIRC). This is, of
> course, not recommended.

I've created cast with assignment from in4 to text

but
select 23 LIKE '2%' fail.
ERROR: operator does not exist: integer ~~ unknown
LINE 1: select 23 LIKE '2%'
^
HINT: No operator matches the given name and argument
type(s). You might need to add explicit type casts.

********** Error **********

ERROR: operator does not exist: integer ~~ unknown
Estado SQL:42883
Sugerencias:No operator matches the given name and
argument type(s). You might need to add explicit type
casts.
Caracter: 12

and i try with

select 23 ::int4 LIKE '2%' text

added explicit cast thinking in .. 'integer ~~
unknown' unknow word .. confuse to me.

nothing is working
any ideas?
is posible to locate changes ( into sources) to
revert behavior to previous 2.8x version?
best regards
mdc