Phantom user in db--'128'

From: "Taber, Mark" <Mark(dot)Taber(at)dof(dot)ca(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Phantom user in db--'128'
Date: 2004-11-19 15:19:55
Lists: pgsql-general

I posted this earlier, and got no responses.
While using pg_dump and pg_restore (or attempting to restore, more
precisely), the process failed because of a missing user, user '128'. I
never created such a user, and when going to Privileges, such a user does
not exist in the list. However, while going out and checking some of the
tables, this user shows up as a user with privileges on them (however, not
on all tables). How do I get rid of this user? And how do I ensure that it
doesn't get created again? I'd like to understand what is really going on
before hacking the user table.
Thanks in advance.

Mark Taber
State of California