Another 'db session' question...

From: "Taber, Mark" <Mark(dot)Taber(at)dof(dot)ca(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Another 'db session' question...
Date: 2004-08-11 14:42:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

First, thanks for all your responses. The programmers have yet another
question. We will be connecting to a single pg db from our intranet
application (web-based). Each instance of this application will log on to
the database using identical user id's and passwords (we have a couple of
network and workstation authentications above this). Each application
instance will have its own db session, correct? (That is, because they will
all be connecting to the pg db with the same user id and password, they
won't share a connection because of this fact, will they?)

Again, many thanks

Mark Taber

State of California

Department of Finance