Re: Lower or Upper case for F.33. pg_trgm

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, marcmaiwald(at)googlemail(dot)com, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lower or Upper case for F.33. pg_trgm
Date: 2022-08-16 21:28:13
Lists: pgsql-docs

> On 16 Aug 2022, at 15:53, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>
> Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl> writes:
>> (bluntly stating 'similarity comparisons are case-insensitive' -
>> although I'm not really sure..)
>
> Perhaps like "similarity comparisons are case-insensitive in a
> standard build of pg_trgm", if you want to nod to the existence
> of a compile option without going into detail.

Looking at this I'm leaning towards paring down the diff posted upthread with
pretty much this, I think that will provide value while avoid causing
confusion.

As a related side note, there are four instances of "case insensitive{ly}" in
the docs with all other instances using "case-insensitive{ly}". I'm inclined
to fix those four to use a dash while at it to be consistent across all pages.

--
Daniel Gustafsson https://vmware.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_trgm_case.diff application/octet-stream 681 bytes