Re:unexpected plan with id = any('{}') condition

From: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re:unexpected plan with id = any('{}') condition
Date: 2021-11-11 18:15:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

Thank you for the explanation!

> unreadable HTML mess

ouch, sorry. "Nobody uses plain text mail, we dropped this thing in the interface” said yandex team. (I know that some members of the Yandex team read mailing lists, could you ping your colleagues?)

> but I'm not convinced we want to expend
> extra cycles looking for such cases.

Agree. This is an application bug and needs to be fixed there. There is no point in slowing down all queries for the sake of improving an inherently erroneous query condition.

regards, Sergei