Re: SSL confirmation - (could not accept SSL connection:

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew M <andrew(at)jibeya(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSL confirmation - (could not accept SSL connection:
Date: 2004-12-06 23:19:47
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

Andrew M <andrew(at)jibeya(dot)com> writes:
> below is a breakdown of the problems i am experiencing with SSL
> Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No truste
> d certificate found

It would appear that either you didn't put a root certificate into the
server's $PGDATA/root.crt file, or the server certificate you put into
$PGDATA/server.crt isn't signed by any of the CAs that the client code
thinks are trusted. I have no idea where the javax.net.ssl library
looks for trusted certs; possibly you could find someone more clueful
about that on pgsql-jdbc.