Re: grass-qgis-postgis next to each other on ubuntu 14.04

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: Stefan Lüdtke <sluedtke(at)gfz-potsdam(dot)de>, pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: grass-qgis-postgis next to each other on ubuntu 14.04
Date: 2016-07-21 09:55:34
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Hello Stefan,

On 07/20/2016 07:04 PM, Stefan Lüdtke wrote:
> I use ubuntu-gis unstable and this (deb
> http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ trusty-pgdg main) repo.
>
> I can either install postgis or grass and qgis, so I think the issues
> must be somehow between conflicting files between both repositories.

Yeah, I fear these two add-on-repositories are not fully compatible. I'd
suspect different versions for libgdal and/or libgeos (you might want to
check with apt-cache policy).

I don't think either repo wants to pull in all (or even just parts) of
the other, so you're currently stuck with choosing either of the two.

Kind Regards

Markus Wanner