Re: postgres large database backup

From: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
To: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres large database backup
Date: 2022-11-30 17:31:37
Lists: pgsql-general

> On Nov 30, 2022, at 07:40, Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> So please let me know how I should do it in a quicker backup for my 10TB database ? Is there any tool to take backups and subsequently incremental backups in a faster way and restore it for PITR in a faster way when required.

For an initial backup, you'll need to copy 10TB to another medium; there's no getting around that. pgBackRest supports incremental and differential backups, which are especially useful if there are tables that are largely for archival purposes and do not get frequently modified:

https://pgbackrest.org