client_encoding error

From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: client_encoding error
Date: 2007-11-27 18:48:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Whilst trying to migrate one of our tables to postgres we get the
following error:

invalid byte sequence for encoding "EUC_JP"
: 0x9c32
HINT: This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
the enccding expected by the server, which is cont
rolled by "client_encoding".

Does anyone have any idea why this might be? The data cing into the
table should be plain ASCII

Glyn Astill

Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html