Re: query runs for more than 24 hours!

From: vinny <vinny(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: query runs for more than 24 hours!
Date: 2017-08-25 07:06:00
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 2017-08-22 16:23, Mariel Cherkassky wrote:

> SELECT a.inst_prod_id,
> product_id,
> nap_area2,
> nap_phone_num,
> nap_product_id,
> b.nap_discount_num,
> b.nap_makat_cd,
> nap_act_start_dt,
> b.nap_debt_line,
> nap_act_end_dt,
> b.row_added_dttm
> b.row_lastmant_dttm,
> FROM ps_rf_inst_prod a,
> AND a.setid || ''= 'SHARE'
> nap_ip_discount b
> WHERE nap_crm_status = 'C_04'
> AND b.nap_makat_cd IN (SELECT
> term_code AND b.setid || ''=
> 'SHARE'
> AND a.inst_prod_id =

On my screen the order of the lines in the query seem to get messed up,
I'm not sure if that's my email program or a copy/paste error.

From what I can see, you are using subselects in an IN statement,
which can be a problem if that has to be re-evaluated a lot.

It's hard for me to say more because I can't tell what the actual query
is at the moment.

Regards, Vincent.