What monitoring tools to watch Pgsql 8.4?

From: Chuck Roberts <croberts(at)gilsongraphics(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: What monitoring tools to watch Pgsql 8.4?
Date: 2015-01-27 14:12:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

We have a closed box from a vendor with PGSql 8.4, and an unknown version
of linux. I have read access to the db only. I have Windows 7 on my PC and
I'd like to graph the database load from my PC. I do not have shell access
to the OS on this box.

What tools are available to me to graph loads, number of queries, and such
on this database engine?

I do have the psql command line client too.

Thank you.

p.s. No we cannot upgrade this pgsql, it's a closed system to us. Yes I
know there will be no more updates to us, that's fine for now.