Re: Posgresql 7.2b1 crashes

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
Cc: god(at)yinyang(dot)hjsoft(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Posgresql 7.2b1 crashes
Date: 2001-11-02 15:26:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz> writes:
> May be try compile it --enable-cassert.

Excellent recommendation.

(Actually, I'd recommend --enable-cassert for anyone working with beta
code, whether you're currently chasing a problem or not. I'm not sure
it's appropriate for production servers, because it turns what might be
relatively harmless errors into database restarts; but for development
and testing it's essential.)