postgresql Explain command output

From: "RaviRam Kolipaka" <raviram(dot)kolipaka(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql Explain command output
Date: 2008-03-06 06:10:05
Lists: pgsql-performance

hi,

is there any generalized format for the output for the output of the
explain command ?. If so please send that generalized format to me.
otherwise tell me how to parse the output of explain command to
know where the relation name occurs,where the conditions occurs,
where the join conditions occur and so on. My goal is create a visual
representation of the expain plan. Can some body help me in this regard.
Thanks & regards
RAVIRAM KOLIPAKA
M.TECH(CSE)-final year
IIIT Hyderabad