WAL shipping question

From: SHARMILA JOTHIRAJAH <sharmi_jo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WAL shipping question
Date: 2007-12-04 14:55:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
Im trying to play a bit with log shipping between 2 servers primary and standby. These servers are running versions 8.3betat3. I had set up continuous archiving at the primary server. The manuals' example of archive_command is
archive_command = 'cp -i %p /mnt/server/archivedir/%f </dev/null'

This basically archives the data in the primary server itself...right!!!
But how can I set up continuous archiving from primary to a directory (WAL archive directory)
on the stand-by server ?

Thanks
sharmila

Looking for last minute shopping deals?