Re: How to recover data from 9.3 data directory

From: Andrus <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>
To: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to recover data from 9.3 data directory
Date: 2021-03-13 14:02:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

> that won't work on windows. pg_upgrade only works if source and
target environment are binary compatible, which isn't the case for
windows / GNU Linux.

wal archiving works between Linux and Windows. So I expected those
commands to work also.

How to determine is this data from 32 or 64 bit server ?

Should I create virtual machine and install Linux with 9.3 into it or is
there simpler solution?

Will data from 32 bit server require 32 bit Linux with 32 bit postgres
or will it work with 64 bit Linux also ?

Andrus.