Re: MVCC and index-only read

From: Scara Maccai <m_lists(at)yahoo(dot)it>
To: Sam Mason <sam(at)samason(dot)me(dot)uk>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MVCC and index-only read
Date: 2008-11-18 19:02:29
Lists: pgsql-general

> FWIW, I believe that count(*) is pretty slow in Oracle too.

Well COUNT was only an example. I think (but I'm not sure AT ALL) that

SELECT A FROM myTAB where A <10000

only uses the index (if there's an index defined for A) in Oracle.

But mine was just curiosity... which I think you and Sam answered.

Thank you.

Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo