Three fields table: id-data-date_time, how to get max() and date_time same time?

From: zxo102 ouyang <zxo102(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Three fields table: id-data-date_time, how to get max() and date_time same time?
Date: 2009-11-06 02:59:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everyone,
I have a table "test" which has three fields:

id data date_time
1 2 2009-10-1 12:12:12
1 10 2009-10-1 12:22:10
2 3 2009-10-1 12:10:32
2 1 2009-10-1 12:30:32

with the sql:

select max(data), id from test where 1=1 group by id

I can get

10 1
3 2

but I want corresponding "date_time" like

10 1 2009-10-1 12:22:10
3 2 2009-10-1 12:10:32

if I use the sql below

select max(data), id, date_time from test where 1=1 group by id, date_time

that won't give the correct results I want.

Can anybody give me help? Thanks a lot in advance.

ouyang